Obelisk Body Piercing
Congratulations on your new piercing!
- Only touch your piercings with clean hands
- Rinse your piercings a few, usually 2-3 times a day, with a sterile saline solution.
- Wear safe material jewelry for the entire healing period
- A sterile saline is available in the local first aid aisle. We offer Neilmed Piercing Aftercare in the studio.
That’s all! You may pat it dry with clean paper products, leaving it nice and dry.
Things to expect
Piercings can take a year or longer to heal, you will want to clean them throughout their lifetime.
You can generally expect with a new or healed piercing the following:
- To feel warm, redness, minimal swelling, light initial bleeding.
- A healing piercing is expected to have a little “crusties”.A lighter color, but like a little scab. This is what you want to remove with the saline aftercare
Piercings do heal from the outside in. Although it may feel fine or look healed, the tissue on the inside remains tender. Treat your piercing gently.
We Don’t suggest
- It is not necessary to twist, spin, or rotate your jewelry while you are healing.
- We do not suggest using heavy chemicals or ointment products to treat a piercing, as they can be harsh for skin, cut off air flow for healing or potentially damage jewelry and gemstones.
- Avoid makeup, lotions, hair or other products directly on piercings.
Only touch while cleaning, piercings will heal best when left be.
Here to Help
– Assist you selecting, and installing jewelry purchased in our studio and make sure it is sized and fits comfortably.
-If you feel a concern with the size, style or material of your jewelry, visit us for help.
-We can assist with downsizing, and changing the jewelry when the piercing is ready
-We’re able to install a non-metallic retainer or a more discreet style of jewelry if needed.
Thank you for choosing Obelisk Body Piercing as your local piercing studio. If you have any questions please contact us.